Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow Storm Coming.......

This is Central Ohio so I'll believe it when I see it. But the local news has gone nuts estimating we'll get between 5" and 8" of snow between now and Saturday night. They usually oversell this kind of thing and we almost always end up getting only 1" or 2" so I'm not exactly confident in their predictions.

Nonetheless, I figured early on that I would need snow tires for the 8 and so this seemed like the perfect excuse to actually get some. I poked around on craigslist in Columbus but couldn't find anything reasonable (reasonable for a cheap ass like me, that is). I finally found a set of Blizzak LM-25's up in Akron that wouldn't break the bank so yesterday morning (like, EARLY yesterday morning) I headed up to Akron to get them. They're wide (245) so I'm a bit leery of how they'll do but they got great ratings overall from users on Tire Rack's website so I figure I'll give them a shot. I got them mounted at Mr. Tire on Reed Road at Henderson Road. Frank, Tim and the guys there have always treated me well and have always done a good job so I didn't hesitate to go back to them for the job.

In the dry the tires seem a bit noisy but then again I didn't get them for the dry. I'll post my thoughts on them once the snow hits and I have a chance to get out there and drive in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment