Friday, February 5, 2010

The Snow Has Arrived . . . and So Have My New Plates

Well, the snow has arrived and it's looking like we're gonna get around a foot. We've already got several inches on the ground (I'm guessing 4" - 5") and it's not showing any signs of stopping. I got to take the car out a few minutes ago because, amazingly, my kids still had gymnastics class and I have to say that the Blizzaks performed admirably. I had no problems steering or stopping for the most part. Starting from a dead stop led to some tire spin, but it really wasn't that bad. Overall, I'm very happy with the tires thus far.

Here's our front drive/front yard. The RX-8 is safely in the garage.



Also, my new plates came. Now I've never had personalized plates before. I tried to get ZMZMZM, an homage to Mazda's old ad campaign Zoom Zoom Zoom, for the Miata but it wasn't available. I was content with just a standard plate when an idea hit me. I checked and it wasn't taken so I snatched it up. Keep in mind that I also took Latin in high school so that probably played a role in it too. Anyway, without further ado.....



In case you're wondering, you say it as though the Z and the M are separate letters: car pay zee em. But the idea is Seize the Zoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment