Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Wheels Are On!

With highs predicted to be no lower than the mid-forties over the next 10 days, I broke down and decided to throw the non-winter tires/wheels on the car. As you may recall, in February I bought some BBS wheels off of Craigslist. Yesterday I had the Yokohama YK520s put on them and then attempted to mount them on to the car. Unfortunately, the wheels all had centering rings that had to be knocked out. The first one knocked out pretty easily; the second one, though, took some work. The third one took even more work and I couldn't get the fourth one by myself. As a result, I ended up with a car with 3 BBS wheels and 1 stock wheel.



Oops.

So this morning I took the fourth wheel into the shop and had them knock out the last centering ring and put the wheel on the car. I have to admit I really do like the look of the BBS wheels on the car. It gives it a bit of a more elegant (vs. sporty) look.





Since I broke down and took off the snow wheels and tires, it's all but certain that we'll get a foot of snow within the next 2 - 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment