Friday, March 19, 2010

Another Oil Change

No pictures this time. Just wanted to note that I changed the oil again. I did it the traditional way this time, though. I put the car up on ramps, rolled under it on the creeper and drained the oil the old fashioned way. I bought a filter and a crush washer from Byers Mazda Subaru in Dublin and Castrol 5W-20 motor oil from Advance Auto Parts. Advance had a deal going on - 5 quarts of Castrol GTX + an oil filter for $16.99. As usual, the change went smoothly. I'm a little dismayed that I've put 3,000+ miles on the car in less than three months but, then again, I've been doing a lot of driving for work so it's not really that surprising.

Actually, one photo is required here. Early on I was having difficulty getting the oil filter off. My filter wrench attachment kept slipping on the filter. At the same time my iPhone suddenly stopped working (I had it playing through the car's stereo while I was changing the oil). In complete and total frustration I went to open the car door to see what was going on with the iPhone while, simultaneously, I was messing with the filter wrench attachment to see what was going on there. The result? I opened the car door right into my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment